Jason Rossiter is a senior attorney with SEBRIS BUSTO JAMES. He has more than 18 years of experience representing employers of all sizes in every aspect of the law of the workplace. Jason handles the full range of employment litigation matters, including discrimination, retaliation, and harassment lawsuits, unfair competition cases, wage and hour claims, and contract disputes. Jason also drafts a wide variety of workplace policies and contracts, advises employers concerning discipline and discharge matters, conducts investigations, and counsels clients about compliance with privacy, medical leave, and similar laws. Jason is licensed in Washington, California and Ohio.
- Employment litigation
- Noncompete and trade secret litigation
- Discrimination charges
- Employee handbooks, policies, and procedures
- Employee discipline and discharge
- Workplace investigations
- Executive employment agreements
- Information security/data breach procedures and compliance
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2013, 2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
Educational & Professional Background
Jason received his B.A. in Political Science summa cum laude in 1995 from Central Washington University, and earned his J.D. magna cum laude in 1998 from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. In law school, Jason graduated sixth in his class, was elected to the Order of the Coif, and served on the Case Western Reserve Law Review.
Before joining SEBRIS BUSTO JAMES, Jason was an attorney with Zashin & Rich Co., L.P.A., an employment law boutique firm in Cleveland, Ohio.